Black Library Release Calendar

Considering Black Library books, products and events.

Re: Black Library Release Calendar

Postby Liliedhe » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:36 pm

Xisor wrote:
Edit: Lilidhe, are you on the twitters?

I read what people twitter. Don't have an account there. And Mr. Hamster has his tweets on his blog, so they are kind of hard to miss.

@Shadowhawk: Thanks. *facepalm* Could have called that myself, I suppose.
"You were a warleader, a fighter, when did you gain such illuminating insight into the minds of others?"
"I learned such things as you and your brothers applied brand to my flesh and parted skin with rasp and knife," snarled Astelan. "When your witches tried to prise open my mind they opened me for an instant and I stared back."
Liliedhe

Postby Vivia » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:00 pm

An extract for The Red Duke is now available on the BL site.
http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/the-red-duke.html
There is nothing gay about the Princeton fight song. "Oh, the men of Princeton are charging up the rear, holding all the balls..." Okay, I hear it now. – Jack, episode Queen of Jordan
Vivia

Postby Liliedhe » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:02 pm

Spending my lunchbreak on another check of amazon, whether they have any new synopses on, I found this:

http://www.amazon.de/Malediction-C-Z-Dunn/dp/1849702276/ref=sr_1_1?s=books-intl-de&ie=UTF8&qid=1318243452&sr=1-1

So Malediction is an audiobook/drama, which might explain the price.

Priests of Mars by McNeill got a series title: The Adeptus Mechanicus. And it will be a hardcover.

There's also a series title for Angel of Fire: The Macharian Crusade.

And here is the synopsis for The Primarchs:

Spoiler: Created in the Emperor’s own image, the primarchs had long thought themselves to be princes of the universe and masters of their own destiny – they led the Space Marine Legions in glorious conquest of the galaxy, and no enemy of the Imperium could stand against them. However, even amongst this legendary brotherhood, the seeds of dissent had been sown long before the treacherous Warmaster Horus declared his grand heresy. Gathered within this anthology are four novellas focusing on some of the mightiest warriors and leaders that mankind has ever known – Fulgrim, Alpharius, Lion El’Johnson and Ferrus Manus – and the roles that they may have yet to play in a war which threatens to change the face of the Imperium forever.

Sounds interesting... More glory to the Primarchs, yay. And more pagetime. :mrgreen:

And here we have The Butcher's Nails:

Spoiler: The primarch Angron: gladiator-king and Horus’s lunatic attack dog. Never having hidden his resentment for his brothers, he now carves a bloody swathe through the galaxy in the Warmaster’s name, with the Heresy providing a convenient excuse to indulge his love of brutal warfare. When they are tasked with a secretive mission alongside the Word Bearers Legion, the World Eaters’ violent tendencies soon attract the attention of xenos raiders, troubled by the portents surrounding the primarch’s berserk fury and his ultimate destiny as ‘the Blood God’s son’...

Hm... I can't help but feel that these two particular primarchs will have a VERY interesting relationship.

And the Emperor's Gift (also Hardcover):

Spoiler: A young boy is recruited into the Grey Knights, and must hone his fledgling psychic talents if he is to join the hallowed and mysterious ranks of the Space Marine daemon hunters.

Ok, this says next to nothing.

Ultramarines second Omnibus:

Spoiler: The Ultramarines have been the honourable cornerstone of the Adeptus Astartes throughout their ten thousand year history – erstwhile captain Uriel Ventris fights to prove that he is worthy to return to the hallowed ranks of the Chapter after his exile to the Eye of Terror, and that he is free of the insidious taint of Chaos. But as the Iron Warriors move against Ultramar, a grim premonition comes to light: Ventris will have a part to play in the coming war, for good or ill.
The ongoing story of the Ultramarines continues in this omnibus edition, featuring the novels The Killing Ground, Courage and Honour and The Chapter’s Due, as well as exciting short stories from New York Times best selling author Graham McNeill.

Short stories... Now that sounds interesting, since I can't even think of one short story set during those novels, both uncollected UM shorts that I remember (Leviathan and Consequences) happen prior to novels 2 and 3.

Bloodsworn:

Spoiler: Returning to Nuln after her adventures in Praag, Ulrika finds the Lahmian vampires preparing for war. Across the Old World, their rivals, the sinister von Carsteins, attack their strongholds and lead the witch hunters to their hidden lairs. Spurned by her sisters, Ulrika forms an uneasy alliance with the von Carsteins in a plot to destabilise the Empire by striking at its very heart – they plan nothing less than the assassination of Emperor Karl Franz. With enemies on all sides and the Empire in flames, Ulrika must decide whether her future will see her living among the humans, or as their enemy.

Void Stalker already has a cover here:

http://www.amazon.de/Stalker-Night-Lord ... 281&sr=1-1

And so does the Gotrek and Felix anthology:

http://www.amazon.de/Gotrek-Felix-Antho ... 357&sr=1-1

And here's a synopsis for Blood of Aenarion:

Spoiler: First in a trilogy of books following the exploits of the descendants of the greatest of all Elves: Aenarion. The first book focuses on Tyrion, descendant of Aenarion through first wife and the greatest warrior of his age, and the plots of N’kari, an immortal Daemon prince who plots his revenge against the lineage of the elven hero who slew him millennia before

I suppose these tidbits will be of interest. :)
"You were a warleader, a fighter, when did you gain such illuminating insight into the minds of others?"
"I learned such things as you and your brothers applied brand to my flesh and parted skin with rasp and knife," snarled Astelan. "When your witches tried to prise open my mind they opened me for an instant and I stared back."
Liliedhe

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:13 pm

Liliedhe wrote:Spending my lunchbreak on another check of amazon, whether they have any new synopses on, I found this:

http://www.amazon.de/Malediction-C-Z-Dunn/dp/1849702276/ref=sr_1_1?s=books-intl-de&ie=UTF8&qid=1318243452&sr=1-1

So Malediction is an audiobook/drama, which might explain the price.

Interesting. I'd thought it was going to be another CYOA gamebook.

Priests of Mars by McNeill got a series title: The Adeptus Mechanicus. And it will be a hardcover.

Aw man. Why, oh why, oh why? Blergh. Now I'm put off.

There's also a series title for Angel of Fire: The Macharian Crusade.

Not much of a secret really, if you follow his blog :)

And here is the synopsis for The Primarchs:

Spoiler: Created in the Emperor’s own image, the primarchs had long thought themselves to be princes of the universe and masters of their own destiny – they led the Space Marine Legions in glorious conquest of the galaxy, and no enemy of the Imperium could stand against them. However, even amongst this legendary brotherhood, the seeds of dissent had been sown long before the treacherous Warmaster Horus declared his grand heresy. Gathered within this anthology are four novellas focusing on some of the mightiest warriors and leaders that mankind has ever known – Fulgrim, Alpharius, Lion El’Johnson and Ferrus Manus – and the roles that they may have yet to play in a war which threatens to change the face of the Imperium forever.

Sounds interesting... More glory to the Primarchs, yay. And more pagetime. :mrgreen:

They must not know that Aaron is doing a Night Haunter novella for this :D

And here we have The Butcher's Nails:

Spoiler: The primarch Angron: gladiator-king and Horus’s lunatic attack dog. Never having hidden his resentment for his brothers, he now carves a bloody swathe through the galaxy in the Warmaster’s name, with the Heresy providing a convenient excuse to indulge his love of brutal warfare. When they are tasked with a secretive mission alongside the Word Bearers Legion, the World Eaters’ violent tendencies soon attract the attention of xenos raiders, troubled by the portents surrounding the primarch’s berserk fury and his ultimate destiny as ‘the Blood God’s son’...

Hm... I can't help but feel that these two particular primarchs will have a VERY interesting relationship.

Damn right they will. Awesome news.

And the Emperor's Gift (also Hardcover):

Spoiler: A young boy is recruited into the Grey Knights, and must hone his fledgling psychic talents if he is to join the hallowed and mysterious ranks of the Space Marine daemon hunters.

Ok, this says next to nothing.

Really? No mention of the Fenrisian Lady Inquisitor? /sadface

Ultramarines second Omnibus:

Spoiler: The Ultramarines have been the honourable cornerstone of the Adeptus Astartes throughout their ten thousand year history – erstwhile captain Uriel Ventris fights to prove that he is worthy to return to the hallowed ranks of the Chapter after his exile to the Eye of Terror, and that he is free of the insidious taint of Chaos. But as the Iron Warriors move against Ultramar, a grim premonition comes to light: Ventris will have a part to play in the coming war, for good or ill.
The ongoing story of the Ultramarines continues in this omnibus edition, featuring the novels The Killing Ground, Courage and Honour and The Chapter’s Due, as well as exciting short stories from New York Times best selling author Graham McNeill.

Short stories... Now that sounds interesting, since I can't even think of one short story set during those novels, both uncollected UM shorts that I remember (Leviathan and Consequences) happen prior to novels 2 and 3.

You forgot Skull Harvest from Heroes of the Space Marines which is set after Book 3. I wonder if any of these short stories, some of which I assume will be new, will be about Ardaric Vaanes? Can't be more than 2 short stories in it though, and SH is already going to take up that one slot.

Bloodsworn:

Spoiler: Returning to Nuln after her adventures in Praag, Ulrika finds the Lahmian vampires preparing for war. Across the Old World, their rivals, the sinister von Carsteins, attack their strongholds and lead the witch hunters to their hidden lairs. Spurned by her sisters, Ulrika forms an uneasy alliance with the von Carsteins in a plot to destabilise the Empire by striking at its very heart – they plan nothing less than the assassination of Emperor Karl Franz. With enemies on all sides and the Empire in flames, Ulrika must decide whether her future will see her living among the humans, or as their enemy.

I better get started on reading the previous two novels. Yiiiiikes!

Void Stalker already has a cover here:

And here's a synopsis for Blood of Aenarion:

Spoiler: First in a trilogy of books following the exploits of the descendants of the greatest of all Elves: Aenarion. The first book focuses on Tyrion, descendant of Aenarion through first wife and the greatest warrior of his age, and the plots of N’kari, an immortal Daemon prince who plots his revenge against the lineage of the elven hero who slew him millennia before

I suppose these tidbits will be of interest. :)

There's been a blurb up about BoA on the BL site for a while. We also know the names of the other two books in the trilogy as well.
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution

Postby Liliedhe » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:15 pm

*shrugs* Well, now the page is totally empty and shows nothing.

Oh, and something else: According to his blog, ADB is writing a story for the Primarchs Anthology, about Konrad Curze - set during the Thramas crusade. So, there will probably be 5 stories in there, not 4.
Liliedhe

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:16 pm

Liliedhe wrote:*shrugs* Well, now the page is totally empty and shows nothing.

Oh, and something else: According to his blog, ADB is writing a story for the Primarchs Anthology, about Konrad Curze - set during the Thramas crusade. So, there will probably be 5 stories in there, not 4.

1. Which page?

2. Yep, already mentioned in my response above. Although I forgot about the Thramas Crusade detail.
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Postby Liliedhe » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:28 pm

shadowhawk2008 wrote:Interesting. I'd thought it was going to be another CYOA gamebook.

I'd have loved a gamebook where you can play a Space Marine...

shadowhawk2008 wrote:They must not know that Aaron is doing a Night Haunter novella for this :D

Yep, already mentioned in my response above. Although I forgot about the Thramas Crusade detail.

And I overlooked your response^^, so answered only the bit under the quote. Actually, it must be about the end of the Thramas Crusade because

Spoiler: It's the story where the Lion cuts Curze's throat.

*wince*

shadowhawk2008 wrote:Damn right they will. Awesome news.

I'm kind of surprised I like ickle Lorgie so much. I thought I would hate him. And Angron is pretty much his polar opposite, so I really, really look forward to this.

shadowhawk2008 wrote:
You forgot Skull Harvest from Heroes of the Space Marines which is set after Book 3. I wonder if any of these short stories, some of which I assume will be new, will be about Ardaric Vaanes? Can't be more than 2 short stories in it though, and SH is already going to take up that one slot.

No, I did not forget, but these stories about Honsou and his dysfunctional family will be in the Iron Warriors Omni. There are no other genuine UM stories that I know of set during the collected novels, so I wonder if there is more than one newly written story, which would be awesome. I so want to know what Pasanius did during Courage and Honor, since the campaign took longer than a hundred days...

And they sneakily filled out the Blood of Aenarion page on BL.com again^^. I missed that.
Liliedhe

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:43 pm

/facepalm Yes. SH is a Honsou story not a Ventris one. Noob mistake.

So, where is Leviathan from? Don't recall that one. I've read Consequences though.

As for the Thramas Crusade, is it mentioned anywhere else before? Don't recall any previous mentions of it. Unless it is in the NL books by Aaron/Spurrier in which case my lack of knowledge stems from not having read them.

shadowhawk2008

Postby Liliedhe » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:57 pm

shadowhawk2008 wrote:/facepalm Yes. SH is a Honsou story not a Ventris one. Noob mistake.

So, where is Leviathan from? Don't recall that one. I've read Consequences though.

As for the Thramas Crusade, is it mentioned anywhere else before? Don't recall any previous mentions of it. Unless it is in the NL books by Aaron/Spurrier in which case my lack of knowledge stems from not having read them.

Leviathan is in Crucible of War, which is OOP (I bought it used). It's set before Warriors of Ultramar, and had 4th company cleaning out a Space Hulk.

Well, Savage Weapons tells a story set during the Thramas conflict, and has the first fight between the Lion and Curze. Also, it's mentioned in Blood Reaver, and in one of the HH novels it's mentioned that Horus sends Curze there to wreak havoc, but I'm not sure if this is in Fulgrim or Galaxy in Flames.
Liliedhe

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:59 pm

Must be one of the little details I glossed over when reading Savage Weapons. :?

shadowhawk2008

Postby Liliedhe » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:04 pm

Sloppy :P

The Lion, Cor and Alajos are even musing over the hololith on how much of nothing is achieved in their war effort...

I am looking forward to seeing this little drama continue :twisted:

Although, it has occurred to me that the Night Lords are the traitor opposite to the Imperial Fists in that they can never win anything and always get screwed over royally. :roll:
Liliedhe

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:08 pm

I was in a rush to get to the Lion/Curze fight. Don't be hatin'! :)

And you could be right about that connection I suppose. Although I'll have to read Aaron's novels to make my own opinion on it. But given the discussions I've seen, it seems an apt comparison, at least on the surface.

shadowhawk2008

Postby Liliedhe » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:14 pm

It's not as obnoxious as it is with the Fists (and most of the time, the Traitor Legions lose - after all they lost the Heresy...), but Curze and Dorn are definitely two of the unluckier Primarchs, and their legions seem to rarely come out on top.

EDIT: Oh, and I missed something:

A synopsis for Thorn and Talon: Eisenhorn and Ravenor

Spoiler: The Inquisition is the most powerful and secretive organisation within the Imperium. Its agents, the Inquisitors, are the last line of defence for mankind. Gregor Eisenhorn, dedicated servant of the Inquisition, takes to the field again in three audio dramas. Regia Occulta finds him on a world wracked by ethereal storms and haunted by a terrifying beast. In Master Imus’s Transgression, the Inquisitor investigates the mysterious affair of a mild-mannered clerk who confesses to a crime. Gideon Ravenor, once Eisenhorn’s pupil, is now crippled and confined to a life support chair. He uses his powerful psychic talents to enact the Emperor’s will. When he receives a mysterious message, Ravenor and his loyal followers travel to a distant world where they battle fierce cultists. But what are the cultists looking for? And what is the meaning of the message: Thorn Wishes Talon?

Liliedhe

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:51 pm

Oh! Oh! That last one must be the one that is referenced in Ravenor Returned.

Spoiler: Ravenor gets a message from Eisenhorn and they meet and apparently Ravenor is given some details about the daemon that is going to be manifesting in real space soon. The cultists mention that they kill Eisenhorn, but Orfeo Culzean is skeptical of their claim.

shadowhawk2008

Postby Vivia » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:04 pm

Liliedhe, great work.

Short stories in the second Ultra omni, I like it a lot. I hope its Consequences.
Emperor's Gift sounds mildly exciting.

The Gotrek and Felix anthology was real after all! When I saw it announced in a Swedish bookstore I was very sceptical.
There is nothing gay about the Princeton fight song. "Oh, the men of Princeton are charging up the rear, holding all the balls..." Okay, I hear it now. – Jack, episode Queen of Jordan
Vivia

Postby Liliedhe » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:19 pm

Well, looks like BL decided to release this blurb early (and with a change):

Spoiler: The story

Created in the Emperor’s own image, the primarchs had long thought themselves to be princes of the universe and masters of their own destiny – they led the Space Marine Legions in glorious conquest of the galaxy, and no enemy of the Imperium could stand against them. However, even amongst this legendary brotherhood, the seeds of dissent had been sown long before the treacherous Warmaster Horus declared his grand heresy.

About the book

Gathered within this anthology are four novellas focusing on some of the mightiest warriors and leaders that mankind has ever known – Fulgrim, Lion El’Johnson, Ferrus Manus and Konrad Curze – and the roles that they may have yet to play in a war which threatens to change the face of the Imperium forever.

So, it's no longer Alphie in The Primarchs, but Curze now.
Liliedhe

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:44 pm

Ok. That sucks. As much as I'd like to know more about the Night Haunter, I want to know more about Alpharius/Omegon.

shadowhawk2008

Postby Liliedhe » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:49 pm

I wonder if they decided that having a story about Alphie would take away the mystique of him.
Liliedhe

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:53 pm

I'm hoping it is some mistake. Mystery is always a good thing but too much and too little, both equally destroy any sense of that.

I want an Alpharius novella dammit.

shadowhawk2008

Postby Liliedhe » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:58 pm

Well, I would like one, too, but if it is a toss between NH and alphie, i'll always pick Curze. Who needs to be given a teddy bear^^.
Liliedhe

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Black Library - Products and Events