Black Library Release Calendar

Considering Black Library books, products and events.

Re: Black Library Release Calendar

Postby Liliedhe » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:31 pm

Glad to be of service.

Also, I think I heard somewhere (Graham McNeill's facebook afair) that Eye of Vengeance is going to deal with the Ultramarines, too, but some other battlefield of the conflict in The Chapter's Due that was not covered in the book. If I had to guess, I'd say we'll see what Learchus was up to, but somebody else on Facebook suggested it might have to do with Torias Telion, the super scout.
"You were a warleader, a fighter, when did you gain such illuminating insight into the minds of others?"
"I learned such things as you and your brothers applied brand to my flesh and parted skin with rasp and knife," snarled Astelan. "When your witches tried to prise open my mind they opened me for an instant and I stared back."
Liliedhe

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:45 pm

Liliedhe wrote:Glad to be of service.

Also, I think I heard somewhere (Graham McNeill's facebook afair) that Eye of Vengeance is going to deal with the Ultramarines, too, but some other battlefield of the conflict in The Chapter's Due that was not covered in the book. If I had to guess, I'd say we'll see what Learchus was up to, but somebody else on Facebook suggested it might have to do with Torias Telion, the super scout.

I have yet to read anything after Warriors of Ultramar :(
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution

Postby Liliedhe » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:39 pm

Aurelian has an entry on the BL page now, too. Cover is still 'redacted' though. *pouts*
"You were a warleader, a fighter, when did you gain such illuminating insight into the minds of others?"
"I learned such things as you and your brothers applied brand to my flesh and parted skin with rasp and knife," snarled Astelan. "When your witches tried to prise open my mind they opened me for an instant and I stared back."
Liliedhe

Postby Vivia » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:06 pm

Omg, Thanquol's Doom! XD The Architect of Fate with a short story about the Relictors, yes, yes! Sadly, no artwork yet but I predict an utterly awesome cover.
There is nothing gay about the Princeton fight song. "Oh, the men of Princeton are charging up the rear, holding all the balls..." Okay, I hear it now. – Jack, episode Queen of Jordan
Vivia

Postby Major Rawne » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:20 pm

Liliedhe wrote:Aurelian has an entry on the BL page now, too. Cover is still 'redacted' though. *pouts*

It's a very cool cover. Certainly looks be an iconic one in the series.

The sample I read as well was also very, very interesting. One character in particular has me very intrigued. But alas to say more would be to invite nefarious warp beings to have their merry way with my very soul.
Major Rawne

Postby Eroldren » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:40 am

Hmm, most of these new titles not dazzling me aside Butcher's Nails, Fear to Tread, The Emperor's Gift, and Priests of Mars.

I can indeed confirm Angel of Fire the first of Bill King's Macharian Crusade (Imperial Guardsmen) trilogy! (No a Fire Hawk/Flaming Angels or Space Marine Battle novel) Happen to just stumble across a link at Jonathan Green;'s blog redirecting to a new blogging haven for King. He's only three months in so it be swift read to catch up on.

Prime Fire spoiler:

Spoiler: Its focused on a Baneblade crew! :D

EDIT: I think you guys would want the William King•Me AoF link :P : http://www.williamking.me/?p=530
"Behind our efforts, let there be found our efforts."
Eroldren

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:37 am

Eroldren wrote:Hmm, most of these new titles not dazzling me aside Butcher's Nails, Fear to Tread, The Emperor's Gift, and Priests of Mars.

I can indeed confirm Angel of Fire the first of Bill King's Macharian Crusade (Imperial Guardsmen) trilogy! (No a Fire Hawk/Flaming Angels or Space Marine Battle novel) Happen to just stumble across a link at Jonathan Green;'s blog redirecting to a new blogging haven for King. He's only three months in so it be swift read to catch up on.

Prime Fire spoiler:

Spoiler: Its focused on a Baneblade crew! :D

EDIT: I think you guys would want the William King•Me AoF link :P : http://www.williamking.me/?p=530

Updated and yay! William King's (I guess you can now call it former) Trollslayer blog has been dead for ages! So it's nice to know that he has a new one.
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:58 am

King's blog has some interesting details about Angel of Fire :)

shadowhawk2008

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:12 am

Arite, going by my inconsistent memory, I dug around the forum and found Pyro's post that elaborated somewhat on what the Architect of Fate anthology was about. The entry in the main post has been edited to show the names of the other 2 contributing authors.

EDIT: Christian confirmed Thorn and Talon as I wrote it. Thanks to Corrigan Phoenix for pointing it out :)

shadowhawk2008

Postby Liliedhe » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:44 pm

Amazon does have a few interesting tidbits already. They are on the level of cover blurbs, but I'll spoiler it just to be on the safe side.

Spoiler: The Emperor's Will: A celebration of the art of Warhammer 40,000, The Emperor's Will focuses on the astropaths, navigators, inquisitors and other agents of the Imperium that add to the richness of this war-torn universe. Packed with previously unseen illustrations by John Blanche and David Gallagher as well as a host of classic images, The Emperor's Will provides an unparalleled glimpse into inner workings of the Imperium of Man.

Thorn and Talon: This original audio drama is a two CD story that pits Inquisitors Ravenor and Eisenhorn, formerly pupil and master against each other

Deliverance Lost: After his legion is decimated during the Istvaan landing and the initial battles of the Heresy Corax, Primarch of the Raven Guard, returns to Terra. Here he attempts to find a way to restore his legion.

The Last Ditch: Imperial commissar Ciaphas Cain returns to Nusquam Fundumentibus to crush the ork attacks which have been plaguing the frozen planet. But when his ship crashes into the wastelands outside the capital it disturbs a far greater enemy, one which has lain dormant under the permafrost since long before the Imperium came to this world, and could now threaten the whole sector. Faced with ongoing greenskin raids and keeping an over-enthusiastic novice commissar under control, Cain must rally his men and confront whatever emerges from beneath the rapidly melting ice...

Blood Angels Second Omnibus: Contains the books Black Tide and Red Fury, plus two short stories continuing the story of a unit in the Blood Angels chapter of the space marines

Luthor Huss: Witch hunter Lukas Eichmann investigates a series of bizarre murders, which ultimately lead him into the haunted depths of the Empire at the head of an army of fanatical warriors. In the Drakwald forest, Luthor Huss, warrior priest of Sigmar, battles to free the denizens of the forest from a plague of the walking dead. As their fates entwine, the two warriors confront a threat that will decide their future, while Huss must face a secret from his past if he is to survive and embrace his destiny as the Hammer of Sigmar.
Few warrior priests are as devout – or as feared – as Luthor Huss. When dark forces rise in the Drakwald forest, Huss unleashes the fury of Sigmar on the corrupt servants of Chaos.

Phalanx: The Soul Drinkers have been captured by the Imperial Fists, who intend to see them put on trial on the Phalanx, the Fists' vast space fortress. Inside, one of Iktinos’ faithful breaks under interrogation and reveals the location of a vault hidden under Selaaca.
An Imperial Fists squad opens up an ancient vault below the planet's surface. Inside the vault is Daenyathos, kept alive in his dreadnought body. He is brought back to the Phalanx to face trial with the rest of the Soul Drinkers.

Gothrek and Felix: The Anthology: A group of Black Library authors give their own spin on stories based on and about the iconic characters of Warhammer Fantasy - Gotrek and Felix

Eye of Vengeance: The Ultramarines defend a planet from a chaos invasion

Dead Winter: More than a thousand years after the Age of Sigmar, the Empire he struggled to create rests on the edge of destruction – the reign of the greedy and incompetent Emperor Boris Goldgather has shaken down the great and prosperous edifice of his erstwhile realm. Without warning, a terrible and deadly plague strikes, wiping out entire villages and leaving towns eerily silent through the long frozen months. As the survivors struggle to maintain order and a worthy military presence, vermin pour up from the sewers and caverns beneath the cities, heralding a new and unspeakable threat – the insidious skaven!
A thousand years after the Age of Sigmar, the Empire is struck by a deadly plague which decimates the population. In its wake, the foul skaven move to lay claim to the land of men.

Void Stalker: The third book in the Night Lords trilogy by New York Times best selling author Aaron Dembski-Bowden. Talos and the rest of First Claw continue down their dark path, until it crosses that of the alien eldar – the Farseers of the Ulthwe craftworld divine a great threat posed by the Night Lords, and seek to bring the myriad skeins of fate back into alignment before their prophecy can be fulfilled. With the wrath of the ancients upon them, Talos reluctantly leads his warriors into battle once more...
Talos leads First Claw further down their dark path, until the eldar of craftworld Ulthwe foresee a great conflict centered around the Night Lords, and the xenos muster for battle!

Architect of Fate: The best and brightest 40k authors provide new material for upcoming Space Marine Battles books

Liliedhe

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:48 pm

Best and brightest eh? There are some people over at W[redacted] who would take exception to Ben Counter being portrayed like that :)

All in all, interesting stuff, although I am surprised that Amazon has blurbs up while BL itself doesn't!

shadowhawk2008

Postby Liliedhe » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:51 pm

This is from Amazon.de, they have blurbs long before anyone else, I don't know why. But I thought it would be relevant to your interest. :mrgreen:
Liliedhe

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:54 pm

Liliedhe wrote:This is from Amazon.de, they have blurbs long before anyone else, I don't know why. But I thought it would be relevant to your interest. :mrgreen:

Very much so :twisted:

shadowhawk2008

Postby Vivia » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:09 pm

shadowhawk2008 wrote:Best and brightest eh? There are some people over at W[redacted] who would take exception to Ben Counter being portrayed like that :)

:lol:

All right, Liliedhe, a massive list of goodness!
The blurb about Phalanx took me by surprise. o_O
There is nothing gay about the Princeton fight song. "Oh, the men of Princeton are charging up the rear, holding all the balls..." Okay, I hear it now. – Jack, episode Queen of Jordan
Vivia

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:11 pm

IMO, that Phalanx blurb gives away too much, especially since Phalanx is still being published in H&B. That is now going to spoil the rest of the installments. *I am assuming that that particular bit mentioned at the end has still not been mentioned in H&B*

shadowhawk2008

Postby Vivia » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:28 pm

I agree, a blurb is suppose to be a blurb and I didn't know the story was published in H&B. How can Amazon.de know so much? It's like they exist in a pocket dimension.
Vivia

Postby Dorian » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:32 pm

So much Warhammer goodness coming my way. *sighs*
Wyrd bið ful aræd.

We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things.

If the world is at peace then it means someone is planning war.
Dorian

Postby Eroldren » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:34 pm

Vivia wrote:I agree, a blurb is suppose to be a blurb and I didn't know the story was published in H&B. How can Amazon.de know so much? It's like they exist in a pocket dimension.

Well it not just them, other online relaters updated/added the same new BL blurb information as Liliedhe posted. So BL giving out new info across. ( * Simon & Schuster and Borders)

Though he did miss a few. The Red Duke (Warhammer Heroes) by Clint Werner:

Spoiler: Bloodthirsty vampire lord the Red Duke is resurrected from his ancient slumber to terrorise the lands of Bretonnia.

Blood of Aenarion by William King:

Spoiler: First in a trilogy of books following the exploits of the descendants of the greatest of all Elves: Aenarion. The first book focuses on Tyrion, descendant of Aenarion through first wife and the greatest warrior of his age, and the plots of N'kari, an immortal Daemon prince who plots his revenge against the lineage of the elven hero who slew him millennia before.

And Nocturne by Nick Kyme:

Spoiler: The third book in the Salamander series finds a dark eldar incursion that threatens the space marines homeworld.

FYI. Took the liberty of checking out any nearer to release stuff missing a blurb/or short one (e.g. The Gildar Rift). Nothing else new beyond those on the Coming Soon calendar past Architect of Fate/May 2012. Did browse though some King's retailers pages it mention either Angels of Fire or his High Elf twins novel a hardback but now I can't find it again.
"Behind our efforts, let there be found our efforts."
Eroldren

Postby Liliedhe » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:07 pm

BL has published a whole lot of blurbs now.
Liliedhe

Postby Vivia » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:23 pm

The Soul Drinkers series concludes with Phalanx. o_o Oh no, no, it won't end well...
Last edited by Vivia on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vivia

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Black Library - Products and Events