Black Library Release Calendar

Considering Black Library books, products and events.

Re: Black Library Release Calendar

Postby Tyrant » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:35 pm

shadowhawk2008 wrote:
BL-Christian wrote:
Bod the inquisitor wrote:So how does it feel to be on the other side of the editorial process?

Like a gamekeeper turned poacher.

i shall go get the Sheriff!

I shot the sheriff. You would be better off looking for the deputy.
My Facebook writing page. Like it, it's awesome!

My Twitter page.

Cytheria

Valerion

I think Valerion could stand toe-to-toe with the best of Gaunt's Ghosts. I loved it. Gundi Da Grot

The sense of threat that permeates the entire piece is fantastic. xrayex

Tash'shi is made of win and awesome. Raziel4707
Tyrant

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:14 pm

Villain!

Anyhow, anymore exciting news about upcoming releases?
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:21 am

Latest from the BL blog, Priests of Mars will not be set on Mars but is about a Mechanicus Explorator Fleet. Now that is an awesome kick-ass subject to write about! I foresee some great new discoveries. :D

Also, Graham is working on the beginnings of some more plots related to Honsou after the end of the Ultramar campaign. The Outcast Dead is off to the printers and Graham's HH Primarch's novella is about Fulgrim's descent into madness and features Lucius as the main character. Now that is interesting! :o
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Postby Xisor » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:24 pm

shadowhawk2008 wrote: Graham's HH Primarch's novella is about Fulgrim's descent into madness and features Lucius as the main character. Now that is interesting! :o

Um, isn't that what Fulgrim is about?

(I know, I know, it'll be something different too.)

EDIT: SH, you misleading scamp! This is what Graham says: "Writing his descent into madness was such worryingly enjoyable fun that I always knew I’d come back to him – this time to address the fundamental change wrought upon him at the end of the novel."

Spoiler: He was possessed. And possibly became a painting.

That does indeed sound rather interesting. Now, where's that horse, my ear has an appointment with its mouth...
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:55 pm

Well sort of. It depends doesn't it? Fulgrim going crazy isn't what Fulgrim was about IMO. It was more about him completing simply one stage of his fall and the general degradation of his legion.

However, this is going to be one mighty exciting novella, especially given that tantalizing snippet from Aurelian that we have already seen.

shadowhawk2008

Postby Liliedhe » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:52 pm

What is tantalising about

Spoiler: Fulgrim being dead

? I mean the reader knows better but still...

Also, there are some more blurbs up at amazon.de but I do not have time to copy paste them right now. :(

And there's a very interesting excerpt of McNeill's shortstory in the games day anthology up at BL. Sounds promising.
"You were a warleader, a fighter, when did you gain such illuminating insight into the minds of others?"
"I learned such things as you and your brothers applied brand to my flesh and parted skin with rasp and knife," snarled Astelan. "When your witches tried to prise open my mind they opened me for an instant and I stared back."
Liliedhe

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:10 pm

Liliedhe wrote:

Whaaaaaa?

shadowhawk2008

Postby Vivia » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:16 pm

shadowhawk2008 wrote:Also, Graham is working on the beginnings of some more plots related to Honsou after the end of the Ultramar campaign. The Outcast Dead is off to the printers and Graham's HH Primarch's novella is about Fulgrim's descent into madness and features Lucius as the main character. Now that is interesting! :o

Totally!
Lucius finally gets a much-needed story written about him, darn it!
I need to get The Chapter's Due but not until I have finished Dark Disciple, Red Fury and the soul-sucking The First Heretic and then there is a new game The Path. Why can't I read faster and more efficient?
There is nothing gay about the Princeton fight song. "Oh, the men of Princeton are charging up the rear, holding all the balls..." Okay, I hear it now. – Jack, episode Queen of Jordan
Vivia

Postby Vivia » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:33 pm

Xisor wrote:EDIT: SH, you misleading scamp! This is what Graham says: "Writing his descent into madness was such worryingly enjoyable fun that I always knew I’d come back to him – this time to address the fundamental change wrought upon him at the end of the novel."

Spoiler: He was possessed. And possibly became a painting.

Woah, that's awesomely cruel fate and strangely appealing. I have seen how he looks in his daemon form. : 3
There is nothing gay about the Princeton fight song. "Oh, the men of Princeton are charging up the rear, holding all the balls..." Okay, I hear it now. – Jack, episode Queen of Jordan
Vivia

Postby Liliedhe » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:48 am

shadowhawk2008 wrote:
Liliedhe wrote:

Whaaaaaa?

Spoiler: That is what Lorgar and Horus think and as such the only really new 'information' about him in the Aurelian excerpt. The rest was not a surprise since we already knew that.

"You were a warleader, a fighter, when did you gain such illuminating insight into the minds of others?"
"I learned such things as you and your brothers applied brand to my flesh and parted skin with rasp and knife," snarled Astelan. "When your witches tried to prise open my mind they opened me for an instant and I stared back."
Liliedhe

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:35 pm

Updated with "info" about Eye of Vengeance.

shadowhawk2008

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:02 pm

Another disappointing BL newsletter.

Where's the Aurelian cover!!!!!!!!

shadowhawk2008

Postby Liliedhe » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:16 pm

OH YES. I'm getting annoyed there. Really annoyed. :roll:
Liliedhe

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:25 pm

Liliedhe wrote:OH YES. I'm getting annoyed there. Really annoyed. :roll:

Exactly, my friend, exactly.

shadowhawk2008

Postby Vivia » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:28 pm

For some reason the BL site is very slow on my connection. :?
What happened to the cover of Aurelian?
Vivia

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:35 pm

Vivia wrote:For some reason the BL site is very slow on my connection. :?
What happened to the cover of Aurelian?

People who have subscribed to the Black Library newsletter will be the first to see the cover of the HH novella, as announced by either Christian or Graeme about several weeks back. There have been at least two newsletters since :(

shadowhawk2008

Postby Vivia » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:52 pm

Yeah, I have a vague memory of it.
Some sort of cover-up for hideous artwork not meant for mortal eyes, perhaps?
Vivia

Postby Liliedhe » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:53 pm

According to ADB, it's superawesome. This is just them being teases... :P
Liliedhe

Postby BL-Christian » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:34 am

shadowhawk2008 wrote:People who have subscribed to the Black Library newsletter will be the first to see the cover of the HH novella, as announced by either Christian or Graeme about several weeks back. There have been at least two newsletters since :(

It wasn't me who announced that. Andy, the chap who usually sorts out the newsletter, is on honeymoon at the moment but I'll give him a nudge when he's back in the office.

Right, I'm off to have another look at the cover art for The Primarchs which hit my inbox while I was away last week. Can't remember the last time I saw a piece of art that summed up the title of a book so perfectly...
BL-Christian

Postby Raziel4707 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:49 am

Is it all 18 Primarchs going into Primark to buy many over-sized by super affordable cardigans? Cos that'd sum it up nicely.
Raziel4707

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Black Library - Products and Events