Short and Creepy Tales from the Internet

Extraneous communication, genuflection, adulation, dissection and admiration should make its way in here.

Short and Creepy Tales from the Internet

Postby Mossy Toes » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:07 am

Just a few things I've been slowly gathering together from the far reaches of the web, which strike my fancy in an altogether too shivery and delectable way. Think Blanche and Gorey and Giger and Bosch transposed into tiny, shattered fragments and scattered throughout the internet.

"Outfoxed," perhaps the most "up-beat" of the stories and videos and such I will be here presenting. Very much in the vein of Coyote and trickster tales. It was nominated for an Eisner a short while ago, as well. If this is too depressing for you, read no further.

"His Face All Red" has been circulating for some time now, but that doesn't make it any less a work of art. It says and shows everything it needs to say, and not an iota more: anything else would cheapen the narrative, and any explanation would only weaken that high point after the long build-up.

"Hobo Lobo of Hamelin" is an anthropomorphized animal tale retelling of the Pied Piper tale. It appears to be a work in progress, so it isn't complete yet, but is an almost wholly new use of the medium of webcomic-ery. Dynamic, shifting page environment, redolent with symbolism and layered imagery; heavy and cynical political allegory/disenchantment; the best use of music in an interactive medium since Bastion; I could go on, but I'll let you explore it for yourself.

The Passenger, a short animated film about the perils of goldfish, the listening to of music, etc.

The Mysterious Explorations of Jasper Morello, the real coup de resistance. Half an hour of steampunk silhouette joy. With floating islands that have volcanoes on them (don't ask how it works), floating balloon buoys that stay stationary without being anchored (don't ask how it works), mad scientists, horrific creatures, virulent plagues, airships... and so on.

So, you lot. Any of you feel up to sharing things you've found around the internet in the vein of the wierd, macabre and creepy? Please, share your own favorite items that will make us doubt the healthiness of your state of mind!
What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator!
Mossy Toes

Return to Board index

Return to Insanely Off Topic