Revenant's Rise of the Tau - PDF

For fiction and non-fiction outside the Black Library range. This includes book reviews, recommendations, advice on writing, and publishing fiction of any nature.

Revenant's Rise of the Tau - PDF

Postby Chh » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:57 pm

First off, I would like to apologise to the mods if this is posted in the wrong place. Please feel free to move it and/or yell at me if it is so.

Now, the main topic: for a long time, the epic that was Revenant's Rise of the Tau was happily hosted on a read-only version of what I assume to be an old Bolthole forum. However, in the past few weeks, that site seems to be being shut down (based on a severely truncated thread length).
Therefore, one cannot read this excellent tale from this source, and since the all of the references to it that Google can find cite that site (pun not intended), there is no joy to be found there.
Now, someone once created a .pdf file of Rise of the Tau, and, when clearing out my phone of downloads, I foolishly removed this file, on account that none of my phone's readers could cope with a file of that size.

Does anyone have a copy of this pdf that they'd be willing to share here/send me? I'd be very grateful, and would give you a big "thank you!"

Also: I know that the invision site was mentioned somewhere recently, but I could not find where. Please can someone link me to it?

*scurried off and hopes he hasn't broken any forum rules by asking for this*
Currently writing: http://www.thebolthole.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2138 (Sanguinian Heresy)

Please read some of it, and give feedback. Please?
Chh

Re: Revenant's Rise of the Tau - PDF

Postby LordLucan » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:39 am

You're not breaking any rules here Chh no worries.

Howeve,r I'm not sure if we do have any backed up files of RotT around here. I think Revenant has an account here, so many PM or email him to ask 'fromt he source' as it were. That's all I can think of at present.
Check out my debut fantasy novel from Fox Spirit Books, The Hobgoblin's Herald (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hobgoblins-Herald-R-Aston/dp/1910462047). If you've read it, please rate and review it on amazon; I'd be eternally grateful. The sequel, Eater of Names, is out in 2018, so watch this space.
LordLucan

Postby The Hillock » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:56 pm

Sorry, can't help, despite being a massive fan of Rev and his stuff. Would be interested if you manage to find one.

I PM'd Rev aaaages ago asking if he was ever going to post more of Obsoletus, but never got a response.
Probably the worst WH40k player in the world...

Hillock's terrain thread
Hillock's Flesh Tearers thread
The Hillock

Postby Pyroriffic » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:21 pm

All that was posted is still here.

Hope that helps!
I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Pyroriffic

Postby Chh » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:47 pm

Pyroriffic wrote:All that was posted is still here.

Hope that helps!

Thanks Pyro, but that only goes up to Chapter 105 (at least for me). I think that there were ~240 chapters by the end?

By the way, what was the reason for that thread (and others of great length on that forum) becoming truncated?
Currently writing: http://www.thebolthole.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2138 (Sanguinian Heresy)

Please read some of it, and give feedback. Please?
Chh

Return to Board index

Return to Published Works