The 210th Cadian

A place to discuss all Warhammer-related background and products not explicitly connected to the Black Library.

Re: The 210th Cadian

Postby Colonel Mustard » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:30 pm

Maugan Ra wrote:Well, it seems I was right when I said I most feared a Dark Eldar army. Played a 2k game today, Spearhead Annihilation, and lost 15-10. And thus my three-week winning streak comes to an end. Damn.

I'll get some photos up on here later.

And I woulda ended it earlier if it weren't fer you darn kids and yer meddlin' lascannons!
Colonel Mustard

Postby Tyrant » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:36 pm

Does that mean he was playing you, Colonel? :lol:
My Facebook writing page. Like it, it's awesome!

My Twitter page.

Cytheria

Valerion

I think Valerion could stand toe-to-toe with the best of Gaunt's Ghosts. I loved it. Gundi Da Grot

The sense of threat that permeates the entire piece is fantastic. xrayex

Tash'shi is made of win and awesome. Raziel4707
Tyrant

Postby LordLucan » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:48 pm

Ra: what did you expect. You were defeated by the superior specie sof the galaxy. No shame in that.

Though there shall be much pain in that. *loads up slave barges full of 210th Cadians*

*evil Archon laugh* MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!! *cough*
Check out my debut fantasy novel from Fox Spirit Books, The Hobgoblin's Herald (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hobgoblins-Herald-R-Aston/dp/1910462047). If you've read it, please rate and review it on amazon; I'd be eternally grateful. The sequel, Eater of Names, is out in 2018, so watch this space.
LordLucan

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:08 pm

LordLucan wrote: *cough*

Did a Jedi squeeze your windpipe too?
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution

Postby Mossy Toes » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:21 am

See? Playing Mustard's Chaos foredoomed your regiment!
What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator!
Mossy Toes

Postby Maugan Ra » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:15 am

Well, I comfortably won a 2k game against Orks today, so perhaps the foredooming was only effective for a single game or something. Anyway, I promised you some pictures, and having finally remembered my photobucket password, here they are. No particular order or narritive, but shiny all the same.

Maugan, your slow descent into madness is starting to look more like a BASE jump...
- Rahvin

The 210th Cadian - Tanks, heavy weapons, and an ongoing hatred of Land Raiders.
W: 41
D: 6
L: 14
Maugan Ra

Postby Maugan Ra » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:18 pm

Right. Doubles game played today, 3k a player, me and some Space Marines versus a rather bizarre pairing of Eldar and Chaos Space Marines. Ended in a victory for me, and I've arranged to play a full 6k apocolypse game next Friday against one of the player's Tyranid force. Should be fun.
Maugan, your slow descent into madness is starting to look more like a BASE jump...
- Rahvin

Maugan Ra

Postby LordLucan » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:47 pm

I like those mad-haired hellions! Loving the colourful look of them!The old and new models go together rather well when they're all painted up. Is that a scratch-built razorwing, or a non-gw model? Was that the army of the player that defeated you?
Check out my debut fantasy novel from Fox Spirit Books, The Hobgoblin's Herald (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hobgoblins-Herald-R-Aston/dp/1910462047). If you've read it, please rate and review it on amazon; I'd be eternally grateful. The sequel, Eater of Names, is out in 2018, so watch this space.
LordLucan

Postby Maugan Ra » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:27 pm

That DE army is indeed the one that defeated me. As for the Razorwing, it is in fact converted out of a Batwing model, as piloted by a certain inhabitant of Gotham City.
- Rahvin

Maugan Ra

Postby Xisor » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:10 pm

Maugan Ra wrote:That DE army is indeed the one that defeated me. As for the Razorwing, it is in fact converted out of a Batwing model, as piloted by a certain inhabitant of Gotham City.

Was the pilot Konrad Curze?
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Maugan Ra » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:29 pm

Finally managed to play another game with the army today, at GW Aberdeen, now that I'm back up here for uni. 1,500pts game against the Dark Eldar, capture and control, ended in a victory to me (I held one objective, the other was contested).

I wish I could claim elaborate tactics or a genius move on my part, but really all I did was shovel an infantry horde at him until he died. The taskforce took 50% casualties, and lost the vast majority of its officers, but in the end I still won - and that's what counts.
- Rahvin

Maugan Ra

Postby schaferwhat‽ » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:37 pm

50% casualties and most of the officers dead is well within the acceptable casualties according to the imperial guard play book.
schaferwhat‽

Postby Maugan Ra » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:07 pm

Hmm. Two games on Tuesday, both against Marine armies, both ended with me being defeated. I think in future I shall return to my mechanised lists... much less vulnerable to bolter fire.
- Rahvin

Maugan Ra

Postby Maugan Ra » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:47 am

Two games played today. The first was a quick 750pts skirmish against some Blood Angels. I don't think a pair of Leman Russ Demolishers are what most people think of when it comes to a small skirmish, but they did the job. End result, 4-1 to me.

Then played a 4,000pts game against an alliance of Chaos Space Marines and... Inquisition forces. Exceptionally confusing lineup, but the game was rather fun - three objectives, and a cityfight board. End result was a draw, with both sides holding one objective and the third being contested - I actually started to run into problems with having enough space for my tanks to move past each other, which was interesting.

Will hopefully play some more games before I return to Uni after Christmas.
- Rahvin

Maugan Ra

Postby Xisor » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:34 pm

Maugan Ra wrote:I actually started to run into problems with having enough space for my tanks to move past each other, which was interesting.

If this hasn't happened before (and often), you're not playing with enough scenery.
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby flick » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:26 pm

I think standing on that dark-elder army, without shoes on, would probably kill me via foot punctures and blood loss! Although the worst ones for that, was the plastic Gretchin in the 2nd edition box-set, ouch.
flick

Postby Maugan Ra » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:38 pm

Two more games played. The first was a 1,300pts game against some other Imperial Guard, which I won handidly. He had tanks, I had Chimeras full of Veterans with meltabombs. The wonderful world of "drive straight at that battle tank and somehow win".

Second was a 2,000pts game against the new Necrons, my first time playing them. One objective each, and an exceedingly brutal game - I eventually lost by virtue of having my entire army exterminated, to the last man. Said last man was a Veteran Sergeant who managed to down a Necron Lord in one on one combat with naught but a chainsword, which I felt was rather impressive. I actually made all of my opponents Troops choices explode by turn four, so the utter extermination of my men was the only way he could win. Unfortunately, Necrons do rather well at mass slaughter...

The game was still close, though. Had it ended on turn 5, I would have won. Had it ended on turn 6, it would have been a draw. As it was, it went on to turn 7, and that was just enough time for my opponent to pick off my last guy, tragically cutting short my glory. Ah well.

Highlight had to be Commissar Yarrick being excessively badass. After a barrage of fire, he had just one Stormtrooper left with him, and the two of them were assaulted by a full strength Immortal unit with a Necron Lord leading them. The Stormtrooper died, then Yarrick downed the Lord with his power fist. I won the combat by one, the Necrons failed their leadership, fled and got run down by Yarrick all on his lonesome. No idea how, seeing as he was wounded and outnumbered ten to one, but he managed it anyway.
- Rahvin

Maugan Ra

Postby Mossy Toes » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:54 am

Sounds like great fun. Chimelta vets are nasty.

Hmph, you're making me envious. I've been itching for a 40k fight some time soon, since my models have sat in suitcases since I moved off to college. Time to dig them out and visit a local game store soon, I think.
What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator!
Mossy Toes

Postby Xisor » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:04 am

You're damn right it is, Mossy! Hop to it!

(And tell us what you've got! And how you get on with the reintroduction to the world of tabletop gaming.)
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Mossy Toes » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:36 am

I have got this old thread's models, roughly. Well, actually that's decently out of date. My signature over on Heresy-Online has links to more recent--but still half a year silent--pictures, including completed bikers, an archive daemon prince, the briefly-mentioned acquisitions from a friend with an Iron Warriors army, etc.
Mossy Toes

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Worlds of Warhammer