What are you playing?

Extraneous communication, genuflection, adulation, dissection and admiration should make its way in here.

Re: What are you playing?

Postby Major Rawne » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:56 pm

Space Marine and the new Fallout: New Vegas DLC missions. So much fun being had on both.
Major Rawne

Postby Sig » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:24 pm

Just finished God of War 3, beautifully epic if a little short. Hopefully getting Deus Ex for my birthday in a few days' time, but currently getting ready for Dark Souls by doing another run-through of Demon's Souls!
Sig

Postby Remerez » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:17 am

Recently blasted through Red Dead Redemption for the second time, having managed to obliterate the completed save file (I say blasted, I spent a lot of time sitting around on my horse staring at beautiful vistas or else swearing at the bloody wolves). Then finished off Command and Conquer 3 after leaving it to collect dust for the better part of a year in a fit of frustration. Now looking for some way to budget for Gears 3.
Exit, pursued by a bear.
Remerez

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:40 am

The Warboss Grimskull fight in Space Marine is so unintuitive. There are no health bars at all in the game so you never get any idea just how much damage you do. I died four times on easy mode on this fight because I couldn't figure out that all you had to do here was just frikkin shoot at him the whole time.

Why the hell am I carrying around a Thunder Hammer for????

Speaking of Thunder Hammer's, apparently using one means that you cannot use your tertiary and quartery (or whatever the hell the term is) weapons. Could they please put some kind of a warning in the game for that please? I spent an entire mission wondering why the hell I couldn't use these two weapon slots.
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution

Postby Malcador » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:03 am

The last real game I played was over a year ago, it was Devil May Cry 4, and it was so much fun I could barely get off my PC. I played different games over the years, and one by one I deleted everyone of them, but DMC4 I kept for almost a year after deleting everything else. When I FINALLY got enough of it, I deleted it too, thinking it was time to move on, but I didn't play anything else untill Space Marine.

I played Space Marine at a friend's computer. Didn't like it that much, it's fun as a mad action game, but lets be frank, Devil May Cry 4 has a more realistic 40k feel to it (you had a sword and a gun, among other things).

First of all, there are too few moves, 3 at the most if I remember correctly, all you do is bash the mouse button around with a different weapon which in the grim universe of the 41st millenium wouldn't get Titus to his first decade, let alone his second century. The finishing moves are even worse, one weapon has one finishing move, the only difference depends on the opponent.

Bolters do not act as bolters at all, more like SMGs from ordinary shooters. And as SH said, the boss fights are kinda uninventive.

Still, the jump pack thing is awesome :)
If you can't lower Heaven, RAISE HELL!
Malcador

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:08 am

The Chaos Marines take far too much punishment before they die. Too much.
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Postby Stuart000X » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:30 am

shadowhawk2008 wrote:The Warboss Grimskull fight in Space Marine is so unintuitive. There are no health bars at all in the game so you never get any idea just how much damage you do. I died four times on easy mode on this fight because I couldn't figure out that all you had to do here was just frikkin shoot at him the whole time.

Why the hell am I carrying around a Thunder Hammer for????

Speaking of Thunder Hammer's, apparently using one means that you cannot use your tertiary and quartery (or whatever the hell the term is) weapons. Could they please put some kind of a warning in the game for that please? I spent an entire mission wondering why the hell I couldn't use these two weapon slots.

When I got the thunder hammer, its all I ever used, and a plasma pistol as well. Never bothered with the big guns. It was hard, especially as I was playing on Hardmode as well (decided to skip easy and normal mode). When I got jumppacks, it made all the difference in how easy it was. I was practically playing golf with goff mobs.
Stuart000X

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:32 am

In a mission involving the Titan Invictus, pistols are useless. And you can't get in melee range either. So you need some big firepower.

shadowhawk2008

Postby Stuart000X » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:33 am

I've played Space Marines and Gears of War 3. They were both good, though I found them to be less than what was expecting of them. I think GoW 2 is better than GoW 3. The game I'm playing at the moment is Sims 3: Medieval. Not a true Sims fan, I found that this one was actually quite fun to play on.
Stuart000X

Postby Stuart000X » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:34 am

shadowhawk2008 wrote:In a mission involving the Titan Invictus, pistols are useless. And you can't get in melee range either. So you need some big firepower.

lol when I got the thunderhammer, I fought only with hammers, bolters, and pistols (and grenades), and it was on hardmode. Mission accomplished :D
Stuart000X

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:35 am

Video. Now.

shadowhawk2008

Postby Stuart000X » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:35 am

Remerez wrote:Recently blasted through Red Dead Redemption for the second time, having managed to obliterate the completed save file (I say blasted, I spent a lot of time sitting around on my horse staring at beautiful vistas or else swearing at the bloody wolves). Then finished off Command and Conquer 3 after leaving it to collect dust for the better part of a year in a fit of frustration. Now looking for some way to budget for Gears 3.

RDR is a classic game. I don't there hasn't been a season since it realease that I haven't played RDR once.
Stuart000X

Postby Stuart000X » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:36 am

shadowhawk2008 wrote:Video. Now.

Wish I had. I died several times on that level, on top of the titan, but eventually I killed the bastards with just plasma pistol.
Stuart000X

Postby Stuart000X » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:37 am

Major Rawne wrote:Space Marine and the new Fallout: New Vegas DLC missions. So much fun being had on both.

I find Fallout 3 to be a novelty game, one that you play every once a while before packing it in. Its not a game that I play for the longhall :)
Stuart000X

Postby groovysl » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:42 am

King of Dragon Pass on the IPAD. For anyone who played Runequest back in the day, it's a civilisation type game based in Glorantha, specifically in Dragon Pass. You play a tribe, take over the local regions, and eventually to become recognised as the king of dragon pass.
groovysl

Postby Lord of the Night » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:26 pm

Rage on the 360, its really good so far. Story is a bit weak but the gameplay is fun, and it seems to have really nailed vehicle combat. That and blowing bandit and mutie heads off with a double-barrel shotgun is awesome every time. :D

Lord of the Night
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby Gaius Marius » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:48 pm

Crysis on the 360. Fricking gorgeous and it doesn't require a $3000 computer to play.
Space Cowboy, Spartan II, Specter, Reclusiarch

'I see the fear you have inside.'
Gaius Marius

Postby Mossy Toes » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:37 pm

shadowhawk2008 wrote:The Chaos Marines take far too much punishment before they die. Too much.

You're complaining, as a Space Marine who kills thousands of opponents throughout the game, that Space marines are too tough?
What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator!
Mossy Toes

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:35 pm

Comparatively? Yes.

Especially when these same Chaos Marines are paired with cultists who die in one shot. Its two extremes.

In other news, Seize Ground is hell of a lot easier than Annihilation. Much more XP too, thank god.

shadowhawk2008

Postby Vivia » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:31 pm

Moving on with my games of olden days.
I started with Quest for Glory 3 and it's very pretty for its time. What can I say, I was stuck with Nintendo NES and Sega Mega Drive back then and we thought those games were pretty.
There is nothing gay about the Princeton fight song. "Oh, the men of Princeton are charging up the rear, holding all the balls..." Okay, I hear it now. – Jack, episode Queen of Jordan
Vivia

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Insanely Off Topic