What are you playing?

Extraneous communication, genuflection, adulation, dissection and admiration should make its way in here.

Re: What are you playing?

Postby Ballistichimp » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:30 pm

Rage revision : Having now put away some more time with it, I can safely say that it is very, very enjoyable. Shinier and more penetrable than Fallout 3 - much of the character development gubbins are absent in favour of a slicker, faster play-style. That suits me just fine ... and Mad Max style apocalypse-buggies are always a win.

Re : Call of Duty - I've never been a "Real War" FPS fan, but was suckered into playing the original Modern Warfare (I forget how, there was probably cake involved) and found the story-telling and narrative to be outstanding. It was incredibly thought-provoking in places and some of the imagery, atmospherics and ambience was so finely crafted that it shamed some of the more traditionally 'immersive' titles. Sadly, I think this is something that is probably overlooked by the majority of its playerbase.

Just as sadly, it is much better known for its multi-player which (again) is something I loath.

Having been so impressed with the first, I was utterly crushed to find that they had decided to ditch just about everything that made it great for the second instalment. That experience killed any interest I might have had in the third.

Sad, but true.

:ugeek:
It's a brilliant plan with no obvious flaws. You should do it immediately.
Ballistichimp

Postby sam vimes » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:49 pm

this sums very well why I don't like MW2:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... -Warfare-2
"Huron-Fal’s systems were on the verge of shutdown ... ‘This death,’ rasped the voder, ‘this death is ours. We choose it. We deny you your victory.’

"Abandon your fear. Look forward. Move forward and never stop. You'll age if you pull back. You'll die if you hesitate."

"From iron cometh strength. From strength cometh will. From will cometh faith. From faith cometh honour. From honour cometh iron." "And may it ever be so"
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby Squiggle » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:21 pm

Skyrim... so far, so wonderful. I'm in my Elder Scrolls happy place! :)
If my mind's the weapon, my heart's the extra clip

Forum Moderator

@sqyiggle
Squiggle

Postby Major Rawne » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:31 pm

Well since Skyrim didn't arrive yesterday :x , I finished off Rage. Pretty good game, though the ending was somewhat anti-climatic. Once I finished that up I made a new car design in Forza 4, and then played some Gears of War 3.

Oh and not to forget the new game I got on my phone. Some city building Sim, where you like build a city.
Major Rawne

Postby Squiggle » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:51 pm

my skyrim was late as well. got here eventually though. its pretty!
If my mind's the weapon, my heart's the extra clip

Forum Moderator

@sqyiggle
Squiggle

Postby Major Rawne » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:13 pm

Squiggle wrote:my skyrim was late as well. got here eventually though. its pretty!

Rub it in why don't you :cry:
Major Rawne

Postby Colonel Mustard » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:23 pm

Squiggle wrote:my skyrim was late as well. got here eventually though. its pretty!

I ended up with a Skyrim based cocktease wherein my copy arrived early but I couldn't play it on my PC due to the fact that it wasn't released yet. Was mightily peeved.
Colonel Mustard

Postby Mossy Toes » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:55 am

http://www.penny-arcade.com/static/swtor/

Got one of these. Only 10k--they'll probably go fast. But I'll be playing this soon.
What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator!
Mossy Toes

Postby David Earle » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:47 am

Annnd they're gone. :D
Check out my blog!

"David is very very old, but also slow, he creeps up behind you without you noticing and then just as his non-breath fails to be felt against your neck he pounces and gives you an informative post." - schaferwhat‽

Ogunzhar lives!
David Earle

Postby Mossy Toes » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:49 am

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator!
Mossy Toes

Postby sam vimes » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:14 pm

star ocean the last hope on the ps3 is one good looking game and fun as well
"Huron-Fal’s systems were on the verge of shutdown ... ‘This death,’ rasped the voder, ‘this death is ours. We choose it. We deny you your victory.’

"Abandon your fear. Look forward. Move forward and never stop. You'll age if you pull back. You'll die if you hesitate."

"From iron cometh strength. From strength cometh will. From will cometh faith. From faith cometh honour. From honour cometh iron." "And may it ever be so"
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby Mauthos » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:21 am

Batman Arkham City done, just all the Riddler stuff to get, which I will come back to.

Now onto Assassin's Creed Revelations then finally I will delve into Skyrim and lose my soul!
Simplicity is the key to brilliance.
Mauthos

Postby Vivia » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:55 am

Don't know if this counts but I'm playing Baking Life on FB. Discovered it yesterday and it's addictive. :)
There is nothing gay about the Princeton fight song. "Oh, the men of Princeton are charging up the rear, holding all the balls..." Okay, I hear it now. – Jack, episode Queen of Jordan
Vivia

Postby Mossy Toes » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:36 pm

Dead Space.

Mmmm, Dead Space.
Mossy Toes

Postby Mossy Toes » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:52 pm

Finished Dead Space and have segued smoothly into Dead Space 2--which, much to my surprise, runs smoothly on my rather creaky computer. I am much indebted to the friend who let me borrow the games...

Only about two hours into Dead Space 2, but already it's a marked improvement on a very good game. Sure, I'm playing on difficulty level 3/4 (hard) rather than Dead Space's 2/3 (medium), but gameplay is tighter and more frantic, and I am ALWAYS on the very brink of running out of ammo, which is cause for panic in and of itself. And while there was a sense of threat from the necromorphs in Dead Space, they definitely feel much more deadly and ferocious now, and have a lot more skins to boot.

Plus I get to try out all these fun new weapons--rivet gun, javelin launcher, detonater, seeker rifle, etc.
Mossy Toes

Postby Vivia » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:03 pm

Continuing playing FB games, moved on to The Sims Social alongside Adventure World and Baking Life.
The dilemma in TSS is that I started as a man and then changed to a woman and now I totally regret; it's no fun being a girl, so much pink/lilac stuff. Ew.
The majority of the players are female and the change haven't affected my popularity with the girls. Sex changes are kind of confusing. :) The bad thing, it cost gold coins or real cash to change back.
There is nothing gay about the Princeton fight song. "Oh, the men of Princeton are charging up the rear, holding all the balls..." Okay, I hear it now. – Jack, episode Queen of Jordan
Vivia

Postby sam vimes » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:37 pm

finished dragon age two last night good but not a patch on the first one it has to be said and oh yes fans of the first will know this line:
'swooping is bad'

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby Rob P » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:02 pm

I'm so far behind on PS3 games.

Just finished Battlefield: Bad Company.

Gonna give Red Dead Redemption a go and that should keep me busy until x-mas and Skyrim time!

If not, I've got Haze to have a go at.
Rob P

Postby Bane Of Kings » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:58 am

Playing Mass Effect 2 at the moment to fill the gap between now and Christmas, when I'll get AC Revelations and Skyrim.
BOOK/FILM/GAME/TV REVIEWS
http://thefictionalhangout.blogspot.co.uk/
"The Machine asked me to tell you something before we part. You once told John the whole point of Pandora’s box was that once you’ve opened it, you can’t close it again. She wanted me to remind you of how the story ends. When everything is over, when the worst has happened, there’s still one thing left in Pandora’s box: hope"
Bane Of Kings

Postby Magos Clarke » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:19 pm

Got a new computer over the holidays, so I've been attacking my steam backlog that I'd accumulated over years of good sales and not having the computer to play anything.

Mainly it's been Dawn of War 2, along with smatterings of Team Fortress 2.
Magos Clarke

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Insanely Off Topic