Demotivational

Extraneous communication, genuflection, adulation, dissection and admiration should make its way in here.

Re: Demotivational

Postby Vivia » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:06 pm

How exactly is that demotivational? Maleficient is better without the frou-frou, she was the only reason to watch Sleeping Beauty even though the black dragon scared me as a child.
There is nothing gay about the Princeton fight song. "Oh, the men of Princeton are charging up the rear, holding all the balls..." Okay, I hear it now. – Jack, episode Queen of Jordan
Vivia

Postby SIngemeister » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:18 pm

I vote we rename topic to 'Funny/Interesting Pictures'
SIngemeister

Postby David Earle » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:51 pm

Seconded. "Demotivational" has been a misnomer for a long time.
Check out my blog!

"David is very very old, but also slow, he creeps up behind you without you noticing and then just as his non-breath fails to be felt against your neck he pounces and gives you an informative post." - schaferwhat‽

Ogunzhar lives!
David Earle

Postby Athelassan » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:31 am

David Earle wrote:Seconded. "Demotivational" has been a misnomer for a long time.

Arguably since the very first post in the thread, in fact.

Ath
Athelassan

Postby Mossy Toes » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:05 am

"Aggregate meme and interesting Internet detritus thread" is a bit of a mouthful, though...
What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator!
Mossy Toes

Postby Xisor » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:02 pm

Thread name and origin is irrelevant.

No humour here.
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Bane Of Kings » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:40 pm

Spotted at the World Cup...

BOOK/FILM/GAME/TV REVIEWS
http://thefictionalhangout.blogspot.co.uk/
"The Machine asked me to tell you something before we part. You once told John the whole point of Pandora’s box was that once you’ve opened it, you can’t close it again. She wanted me to remind you of how the story ends. When everything is over, when the worst has happened, there’s still one thing left in Pandora’s box: hope"
Bane Of Kings

Postby Xisor » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:52 pm

Bane Of Kings wrote:Spotted at the World Cup...

Ah, yes. The old lie to your wives because of football joke.

Ho Ho.

Hilarious.

:|
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Vivia » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:34 pm

It does take us back to the 50s when marriage and football were boring. Oh sorry, they still are.

Love the wine.
There is nothing gay about the Princeton fight song. "Oh, the men of Princeton are charging up the rear, holding all the balls..." Okay, I hear it now. – Jack, episode Queen of Jordan
Vivia

Postby SIngemeister » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:10 pm

Vivia wrote:It does take us back to the 50s when marriage and football were boring. Oh sorry, they still are.

Love the wine.

Hey now, those were the days when men would break their necks and continue playing.
SIngemeister

Postby Vivia » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:42 pm

Xisor wrote:Thread name and origin is irrelevant.

No humour here.

Exactly. And with demotivational I took as it humorous in a non-uplifting way, but rather in a dark and cynical way. Such as Mr Burns and the slave poster he put in Homer's boot, the satire in The Simpsons in general. In demotivational there lies schadenfreude, cynicism, satire, not cute and cuddly, and if there is a fluffy bunny involved there has to be a darker undercurrent. These differences in humour don't seem to be obvious to everyone here, I think I have delivered as best I could with my references to semi-alcoholism and instability.

Images with Maleficient as Slaanesh may be dark but they aren't humorous. As it is they are closer to the Film Corner because it's a current film.
Vivia

Postby Bane Of Kings » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:53 pm

"The Machine asked me to tell you something before we part. You once told John the whole point of Pandora’s box was that once you’ve opened it, you can’t close it again. She wanted me to remind you of how the story ends. When everything is over, when the worst has happened, there’s still one thing left in Pandora’s box: hope"
Bane Of Kings

Postby Vivia » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:15 pm

Vivia

Postby Bane Of Kings » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:03 pm

This image might be a little too big for the forum width...

Bane Of Kings

Postby Malcador » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:52 am

If you can't lower Heaven, RAISE HELL!
Malcador

Postby Bane Of Kings » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:03 am

Bane Of Kings

Postby Bane Of Kings » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:30 pm

Bane Of Kings

Postby Vivia » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:17 am

Vivia

Postby Mossy Toes » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:54 am

Bane Of Kings wrote:Image

Reminds me of all the "Superman's Pal Jimmy Olson" and "Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane" rare old comics for sale up in the higher reaches of my local gaming store. I think there may be a few Superboy comics, too...

Heaven knows why it's relevant, though. Here, something to appease the groundlings:

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator!
Mossy Toes

Postby Athelassan » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:26 pm

If people enjoy that Jimmy Olsen cover, they'll be pleased to learn there are many more in a similar ilk at this classic website.

Seems a bit strange to be calling a website from 2008 "classic" but I guess it is in internet terms. Dunno what that makes this.

Ath
Athelassan

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Insanely Off Topic