World Cup 2014!

Extraneous communication, genuflection, adulation, dissection and admiration should make its way in here.

World Cup 2014!

Postby Bane Of Kings » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:51 am

I thought I'd create a thread because hopefully I'm not going to be the only one watching it.

So the Brazil vs. Croatia game starts tonight at 9 in the UK. Who's going to be watching this one and what are your predictions for the result?

I'm going to say Brazil 3-1 Croatia . If there's interest in this thread then I'll keep posting my predictions each day.

Tomorrow's Games:

5pm: Mexico vs. Cameroon
8pm: Spain vs. Netherlands
11pm: Chile vs. Australia

I can certainly see myself watching the first two, at least the Spain vs. Netherlands one.
BOOK/FILM/GAME/TV REVIEWS
http://thefictionalhangout.blogspot.co.uk/
"The Machine asked me to tell you something before we part. You once told John the whole point of Pandora’s box was that once you’ve opened it, you can’t close it again. She wanted me to remind you of how the story ends. When everything is over, when the worst has happened, there’s still one thing left in Pandora’s box: hope"
Bane Of Kings

Re: World Cup 2014!

Postby Tyrant » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:54 am

I drew Croatia and Ecuador in my work's World Cup sweepstake, so I'm going to be optimistic and say 2-2. Croatia aren't half bad when they put their mind to it.
My Facebook writing page. Like it, it's awesome!

My Twitter page.

Cytheria

Valerion

I think Valerion could stand toe-to-toe with the best of Gaunt's Ghosts. I loved it. Gundi Da Grot

The sense of threat that permeates the entire piece is fantastic. xrayex

Tash'shi is made of win and awesome. Raziel4707
Tyrant

Postby Bane Of Kings » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:53 am

Well, I got my prediction right, yay! But in fairness, that score was harsh on Croatia. Brazil weren't at their best and Croatia played very well for most of the first half.

MOTM: Oscar

Predictions for Today's Games:

Mexico 1 - 1 Cameroon
Spain 2 - 1 Netherlands
Chile 2 - 0 Australia
"The Machine asked me to tell you something before we part. You once told John the whole point of Pandora’s box was that once you’ve opened it, you can’t close it again. She wanted me to remind you of how the story ends. When everything is over, when the worst has happened, there’s still one thing left in Pandora’s box: hope"
Bane Of Kings

Postby Liliedhe » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:31 pm

Watching too. Of course Austria is very absent, which means I have no stake there and can just watch^^.

The Referees are a catastrophe. Really.
"You were a warleader, a fighter, when did you gain such illuminating insight into the minds of others?"
"I learned such things as you and your brothers applied brand to my flesh and parted skin with rasp and knife," snarled Astelan. "When your witches tried to prise open my mind they opened me for an instant and I stared back."
Liliedhe

Postby Bane Of Kings » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:17 pm

Yep, the refs are appalling. So, I caught the Cameroon vs Mexico game. Did change my prediction to 2-1 Mexico within first five mins, but still incorrect. 1-0.

And as you can tell, my Spain/Netherlands prediction was waayy off. Massive 5-1 scoreline, really gutted that I was busy for most of it :(. Don't think I'll be able to watch the Chile vs. Australia game though, but should be able to get to watch at least some of tomorrow's games.

Predictions:

Columbia 2-0 Greece
Uruguay 2-0 Costa Rica
England 1-1 Italy

Going to be conservative on the last fixture but anything could happen. More than likely it'll be an England loss, but as evident from the Spain vs. Holland match...
Bane Of Kings

Return to Board index

Return to Insanely Off Topic