Monsters 2 Trailer

Extraneous communication, genuflection, adulation, dissection and admiration should make its way in here.

Monsters 2 Trailer

Postby Chun the Unavoidable » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:42 am

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2014/09/02/monster ... t-trailer/

Still arty (there are some rather beautiful shots in there), but bigger-budgeted and more action-based by the looks. And at least we have a better idea what we might actually be in for this time.
Chun the Unavoidable

Re: Monsters 2 Trailer

Postby Mossy Toes » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:05 am

Ooooh, I like. Looks much better than Battleship, Battle: LA, or the like. More moody and atmospheric.

I quite enjoyed the original Monsters, except for the fact that the two main characters didn't really have redeeming qualities. I mean, slightly-assholish tourists are very realistic of characters, especially for an arthouse sci fi drama asking "who truly are the monsters?" ...but all the same, I never really connected with them.

So I, for one, am behind the idea of a new set of characters, particularly a less jingoistic view of the US military than Hollywood usually portrays.
What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator!
Mossy Toes

Postby Chun the Unavoidable » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:48 am

Oh, and does anybody else feel like R'lyeh might have risen?
Chun the Unavoidable

Postby The Hillock » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:56 pm

Holy cow that looks good.
Probably the worst WH40k player in the world...

Hillock's terrain thread
Hillock's Flesh Tearers thread
The Hillock

Postby VictorK » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:10 pm

Nuke 'em.

I never saw the first one, I was turned off by bad reviews and yeah perhaps Battle: LA left me unwilling to take a chance. Still, I always wonder about movies like these. Why do we have guys on the ground fighting giant monsters with rifles? This is the United States Goddamn Military we have all kinds of toys. Yeah yeah human story but there has to be a reason we're being dumb.
"The gods are not all powerful, they cannot erase the past." -Agathon
VictorK

Return to Board index

Return to Insanely Off Topic